Monday, April 5, 2010

Stuffed Avocado Salad

I admit, I kind of got ahead of myself when I made this. Not that it wasn't good, it was fantastic. It's just that tomatoes aren't in season yet, so I had to use a few hot house 'maters. I was jonesin' pretty bad for a good summery salad. A long winter will do that to you.


I'll make this again once the local tomatoes are in season. The original recipe came from here.

Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
  • 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 T red wine vinegar
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 2 large avocados, halved and pitted

1. Mix all ingredients except the avocados in a bowl.

2. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Spoon into avocado halves.

No comments:

Post a Comment