Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Creamed Corn

I'm totally addicted to fresh sweet corn. As much as I love garden tomatoes, I think really sweet sweet corn just can't be beat.

Tonight I made a side dish of creamed corn. It was really very good. Creamy, tender, and sweet. And very easy to make, too!


Now that I look closer at that picture, it reminds me that it's time to oil the Boos board again!

Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 8 ears corn, husked
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1 T AP flour
  • S & P
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 2 T bacon grease
  • 1 T butter (optional. The corn we used was so sweet we skipped the butter)

1. In a large bowl, cut off the tips of the cobs. Cut the kernels from the cobs. Using the back of the knife, scrape against the cob to press out the milk liquid.

2. Whisk together sugar, flour, salt and pepper (to taste). Combine with corn.

3. Add the heavy cream and water and mix.

4. Heat the bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn mixture and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring until creamy, about 30 minutes.

5. Add butter right before serving, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment