Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

I love this soup. It is very easy to make. Supposedly, it tastes just like the soup you can buy at Panera's with the same name. I just had a bowl of it for lunch and it is even better a few days after I made it. I love the kick from the red pepper.


Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
  • 1/4 cup onion, minced
  • 1/2 t seasoning salt
  • 1/4 t white pepper
  • 1/4 t ground red pepper
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cut into chunks

1. Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.

2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.

3. Smash a few of the potatoes to thicken the soup. (I just took a potato masher and pushed it into the pot of soup).

4. Reduce heat to low.

5. Add the cream cheese chunks and heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment