Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Citrus Salad

I found this recipe while watching Mark Bittman's weekly podcast. I made a minor change to it since Anita can't have grapefruit. You can mix and match your favorite fruits.


This was simply delicious, and well, simple to make!

Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

3-4 oranges (I used a blood, cara cara, and I think a navel)
1/2 small red onion or 1 shallot, diced
1 T sherry vinegar (I substituted a good balsamic vinegar)
3 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t honey
Lemon juice to taste
1/4 t fresh tarragon, chopped, or a pinch dried

1. Remove peel and pith from orange and cut into wheels. Remove any seeds.

2. Layer orange slices onto a plate. Sprinkle with salt and garnish with chopped onion or shallot.

3. Whisk remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over oranges. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment