Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet Potato and Nut Chips

I'm not sure I'd call these chips since they don't crisp up (they are fork tender), but they are still good. I just realized my camera has been on the wrong setting so the picture didn't come out well. That at least explains why my last few pics have been blurry. Doh!


  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and partially cooked
  • 8 T (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
  • Salt
1. Preheat oven to 450.

2. Line large baking sheets with foil; lightly grease.

3. Slice potatoes to 1/4" thickness. Dip in melted butter and arrange on baking sheet so that the chips do not overlap. Sprinkle with peanuts.

4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Note: The picture above was after 20 minutes. Some of the nuts started to blacken. You may want to check the chips every minute after 15 minutes has elapsed to make sure you don't overcook them as I did.

5. Sprinkle with salt and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment