Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Dad's Sweet Corn

My Dad's Sweet Corn comes from a farm in nearby Tipton County, Indiana. They always have the best sweet corn around. We picked up a baker's dozen last Saturday at the Binford Farmer's Market.

For $6 you get about 15 or 17 or so ears, depending on the size of the ears. This last week's crop was the best so far this year.


I usually grill a few of them fresh. I take the kernels off the rest and freeze them for winter. Nothing beats local sweet corn when there's snow on the ground. It reminds you of summer!

2 comments:

Chez said...

that's some good lookin' corn. one my favorite things to do with it is blanch, cut off the cob and freeze ... and use it to make a corn and andouille chowder in the wintertime. it's yum-o-lishus!

Mike said...

Oh that does sound yum-o-lishus! I usually fry it up with some bacon, and throw in a few tomatoes. And jalapenos.

Post a Comment