Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grilled Bologna (Baloney) Sandwich

When we stopped by That Sandwich Place in Nashville, IN, the other day, Anita ordered their Upper Income Baloney Sandwich Platter. She really liked it a lot. So, I decided to make my own version. On the grill, of course.


I have to admit I'd never had a grilled baloney sandwich before this. I'll definitely make these again. I might even try a little BBQ sauce on it!

Makes: 2 sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 2 Hamburger buns
  • 1/4 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
  • 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
  • Mayonnaise, to taste
  • Mustard, to taste
  • 2 slices Swiss cheese
  • 4 slices, thick bologna

1. Heat grill to medium high. Place bologna slices on grill. Grill for 1 minute then rotate slightly to get nice grill marks. Grill 2 more minutes, then flip, and continue grilled for 2 more minutes. Remove.

2. Toast buns slightly on grill. Slather with mayo and mustard. Add bologna and cheese. Add lettuce and onion. Serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sandwich + a nice cold BEER = a ding dong dilly of a lunch! Bravo!

Post a Comment