Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds

Pomegranates are in season, so I picked up a few the other day. I seeded them, which I have to admit was not the easiest thing I've done. It's a task best done outside where the red juices won't splatter all over your kitchen.

I put the seeds in melted chocolate and let them set overnight. Yummy! You bite into the chocolate and get a surprise pomegranate explosion.


Makes: 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours (in the fridge)
Printable Recipe

  • 2 large pomegranates, seeds removed and rinsed and dried
  • 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • wax paper

1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring. Do not over-heat.

2. Stir in the seeds and fold in gently.

3. Spoon out mixture onto wax paper on a sheet pan and place in fridge overnight.

4. These keep 3-4 days in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment