Monday, May 17, 2010

Grilled Alaskan King Crab Legs

Well, there's good and then there's really, really good.


I haven't had king crab legs in ages. When the local grocery put them on sale a week ago I snatched up several pounds worth. I've never had them grilled. I doubt I'll have them any other way after grilling them. Not only do you get that nice char aroma, but also the leg shells break very easy, making getting at the meat much easier. And that's what it's all about!

To grill them, preheat your grill to medium-high. Brush the legs with oil and grill 5 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the fire since the oil will tend to cause flare-ups. Keep a spray bottle of water nearby, or be prepared to move the legs around to avoid burning them.

To make the clarified butter, melt a stick in a skillet until it separates. When the solids begin to brown, remove from the heat and pour through a find sieve or a damp cheesecloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment