Sunday, May 30, 2010

Victory Lane Pasta Salad

I found this awesome pasta recipe on the Race City Sauce Work's website when I was looking for hot sauces.


The recipe uses their Victory Lane Jalapeño-Sour Apple hot sauce, which is a great, thick sauce with a nice balance between hot and sour. We really like it.

I did make a small change to the recipe. We made the salad with bow tie, which ended up getting a little dry so I drizzled just a little extra virgin olive oil over it before serving. Next time I'll either not drain the pasta as much or I'll retain some of the pasta water to keep the salad moist.

Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (chill time)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound pasta (bow tie, penne, etc), cooked, drained and cooled
  • 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
  • 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
  • 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 (5 oz) bottle Victory Lane Jalapeño Sour Apple hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
  • 1 cup Granny Smith apples, diced

1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill until ready to serve.

2. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil if the pasta becomes a little dry and mix.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read your post about Victory Lane Pasta Salad and I think it looks AWESOME.I can’t wait to try it as I am a huge foodie. I was supposed to go to Indy yesterday but was unable to attend from NC. I see that you use Race City Sauce Works in your post but wanted to also let you know about our store.
I own http://hotsauceplanet.com/ and sell all sorts of hot sauces, BBQ Sauces, etc. If you want to link to our hot sauces or BBQ sauces for your recipe that would be great. I saw that you used a Scotch Bonnet sauce. We sell a few of those here:
http://www.hotsauceplanet.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=scotch
I also included a 10% off coupon that is good for the next week. Have your readers use: 10off and they will be able to receive 10% off their entire order.
I would also be willing to give your readers a 15% off coupon that is good for the next 90 days if that is something that you might be interested in.
Thanks for the great reading and let me know,
Jason
Jason@unitebrands.com

Post a Comment