Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dick's Bodacious BBQ

A friend/co-worker and I recently had lunch at Dick's Bodacious BBQ in Noblesville. It's about a 20 minute drive from here, but worth the trip.

We each ordered the Texas Two Step, which is a choice of two meats and two sides. I had the brisket, smoked sausage, fried okra and slaw. My friend had the pulled pork, smoked sausage, slaw and potato salad.

I have to say I love the smoked sausage at Dick's. And actually, the brisket is pretty good too. The pulled pork was a touch dry, but still good.

Dick's has good portion sizes and decent service. My only complaint (and it's a minor one) is that I wish the sauce was on the table. I know that's more expensive for a place to do, but I like to try different sauces without having to bug the wait staff for it.

There used to be a Dick's BBQ down on 96th street near where I worked then. I used to go there quite often. I was an official, card-carrying member of Dick's Pit Sniffers Club!

If you're in the Indy area, drive on up to Dick's (or visit their downtown location). You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment