Sunday, August 15, 2010

Warm Italiano Spread

I came across this recipe in a monthly email I get from Kraft.


It looked so good that I ran out and picked up the ingredients to make it that day. I can see making some variations of this, such as using Velveeta instead of the cream cheese, topping with shredded cheddar, and using jalapeƱo pesto, served with tortilla chips.

Makes: 12 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup pesto
  • 1 plum tomato, chopped
  • 1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
  • Crackers (I used Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits)

1. Heat grill to medium.

2. Place cream cheese in center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with pesto and top with tomatoes and shredded cheese.

3. Place open-faced on grill for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

4. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment