Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Back Blues BBQ, Columbus IN

We were in Edinburgh, IN, over the weekend. We usually pop over to Hickory Hills BBQ outside Camp Atterbury for lunch. This time we tried something new. We drove down to Columbus (about a 15 minute drive) to eat at Baby Back Blues BBQ.


Located in a small strip mall off a busy street (that was under construction), Baby Back Blues is a nice little joint. We were the first ones there right after they opened.

Anita ordered the sweet pork sandwich 'wet' (already sauced with a sweet BBQ sauce), slaw (good), and mac-and-cheese (very good).

I had the 1/3 pound pulled pork, dry (no sauce), slaw, corn (decent) and deep-fried cornbread (out of this world good!). I tried 2 of their sauces on my pork: sweet and spicy and hot. Both sauces were outstanding. Just the right amount of sweet and heat, and the perfect consistency. I am a big fan of BBQ restaurants that let you sauce as you like, right at the table. Plus, I get to taste the meat right off the smoker, and not hidden behind sauces or rubs. Did I mention that I could've had about 9 or 10 more of the cornbread? The cornbread alone is worth the trip!

If you're in or around Columbus, stop on by Baby Black Blues. You'll be glad you did! And remember, support your local (or not-so-local) BBQ joints!

No comments:

Post a Comment