Monday, September 27, 2010

USAF Museum, Dayton, Part 4

This is our fourth post on our trip to the USAF Museum in Dayton. Our third post was on mostly on the World War I-era airplanes on display there.

This post contains some of the World War II aircraft on display. This is just a fraction of the many planes they have at the museum.

I believe the above is the first jet actually used in WWII. It was highly unstable and didn't see much service, if any.

Me-262. A late-comer to World War II. It had to be intimidating to the Allied pilots, at least at first.


C-47. One of the most-widely produced aircraft in history.

P-52 Mustang.







This struck me as quite odd. Half helicopter, half airplane. I bet it was a handful to fly. My bud Erich emailed me and let me know that it's an Autogyro. Thanks, Erich!

No comments:

Post a Comment