Monday, September 6, 2010

Cheesy Chorizo-Topped Burgers

I was scouting the fridge for something to make for dinner. I found some chorizo and a block of supposedly Mexican Velveeta cheese that I was going to use to make a dip. Instead, I ended up pouring the dip over grilled burgers instead.


Very good, I have to say! I was disappointed in the Velveeta (why I thought I wouldn't be, I don't know) in that it had no kick at all. So, I added some jalapeños too.

Makes: 2 burgers, plus more for dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes plus burger cook time
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound fresh ground chuck
  • 1 jalapeño, seeded, membrane removed, cut into rings or chopped
  • 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo
  • 1/2 pound Mexican Velveeta
  • 2 hamburger buns
  • Tortilla chips

1. Form the chuck into 2 8 ounce patties.

2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the chorizo into the skillet and cook until done. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

3. Place the cheese and chorizo in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue microwaving in 1 minute intervals until the cheese is melted. Stir in the jalapeños.

4. Cook burgers and brown buns on a grill.

5. Assemble burgers, topping the meat with cheese mixture. Use remaining cheese mixture as a dip for the tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment