Saturday, September 18, 2010

Firehouse Burger

This is the third burger we've made from the Cheese and Burger Society. Only 27 to go, and so far, all of them have been great!


The firehouse burger brings the heat, but not so much that you can't enjoy it. I was a little skeptical about putting fresh dill on a burger, but it really worked out good. In fact, I put quite a bit of dill on them. And Havarti cheese on a burger really steps it up!

I couldn't find any capicola at the market the day I made these, so I ended up substituting regular ham. I'm sure capicola would've cranked it up another notch! Once I can find capicola, I'm definitely making these again.

Makes: 2 burgers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: Varies depending on desired doneness
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/2-1 pound fresh ground beef (recommend 75/25 or 80/20)
  • 2 hamburger buns
  • 2 slices Havarti cheese
  • 2 slices Provolone cheese
  • 4 slices thin Capicola or Spicy Ham
  • Pickled jalapeƱos, to taste
  • Pepperoncini, to taste
  • Ketchup
  • Mayonnaise
  • Fresh dill

1. Preheat grill to medium high. Form burger patties. Season, and grill until cooked to your desired doneness. Toast buns. Remove.

2. To form burgers, top bun bottoms with pepperconi, jalepeƱos, mayonnaise, and provolone. Add capicola, burger pattie, Havarti cheese, dill, ketchup, and top bun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment