Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Revolver, Findlay, OH

A few weeks ago we met up with some long-time friends in Findlay, Ohio, for dinner. They made reservations at the Revolver, a small restaurant in the downtown area.


The menu at the Revolver is uncomplicated, and always changing. As soon as you walk in the doors you know you are somewhere special. Anita and I had been eagerly anticipating our meal ever since our friends proposed the idea.

Our meal began with an amuse bouche that was really out of this world. I don't remember what was in it, I just remember closing my eyes and enjoying every second. Next came soups and salads, which were also very good. My salad had the freshest organic greens. They were so good I could have eaten them without the fresh-grated Parmesan or dressing.

For the entreƩ, Anita ordered the duck breast which was served over braised cabbage. Anita had never had duck before, and although she might have been a tad squeamish at first, she absolutely loved it. I ordered the NY strip, which came with creamy polenta. The steak was cooked perfectly. The polenta.... was to die for. I could have had ten bowls of the polenta and probably still asked for more.

Our friends also enjoyed their meals. The restaurant was very accommodating of one our party with food allergies.

Service was great. The food was great. It was a great evening! If you're anywhere near Findlay, eat at the Revolver!

No comments:

Post a Comment