Sunday, October 10, 2010

Creole Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados

This is a nice recipe. With a little kick.


I admit, I could not find any real crab, so I had to use the fake stuff. I need to make a point of getting crabs next time they are on sale and freezing them so I always have crabmeat on hand.

Good inside tomatoes too!


I got the idea for this from the June 2010 Louisiana Cookin' magazine. Lots of great things in that magazine.

Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour (chill time)

Ingredients:

  • 4 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
  • 1/2 bunch green onions, minced
  • 3 T capers
  • 1/3 cup spicy mayo (or mix 1/3 cup regular mayo with Tabasco)
  • 1 T fresh lemon juice

1. Combine all ingredients except the avocado. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon into avocados and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment