Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jersey's Cafe, Carmel IN

Well, I figured we'd better head over to Jersey's Cafe and see what all the hoopla was about. Jersey's is going to be on an upcoming Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. They start filming next week.


Jersey's is located in a strip mall in Carmel, Indiana. It's a quaint little cafe. Their menu is extensive, to say the least. I'm usually not a fan of huge menus (and by huge I mean there must be over 100 items), but we were pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding. I had the Reuben sandwich, and Anita had the Edison, a hoagie with turkey, olive tapenade and provolone. Anita also really, really loved the giant decaf iced tea. Our meals were very good, but they did take a while to get, so don't be in a hurry when you go.

So when you're in the area, swing by Jersey's. You'll be glad you did. We can't wait to return and try some of the other items on their menu!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to Jersey Cafe 3 times but only got to eat once because of the wait. The other two times we waited over an hour only to find out they hadn’t even started our order and we were still a few tickets away from the top, we decided to visit Shapiro’s Deli about 5 miles away, its a great Jewish deli. I am a firm believer that this type of establishment ( a sandwich shop) should NOT take OVER 1 HOUR from the time your order is taken to even start making your food. This is a small place folks, maybe 18 tables at the most and some of those tables only seat two. I am concerned that patrons will get fed up and leave like I have because the wait is so long and now that they have been showcased on Diners Drive Inn and Dives the wait is going to be unbearable. So when this reviewer say's don’t be in hurry when you visit Jersey's Deli he is not kidding

Anonymous said...

Poor service and Rude Owners! I think the owners are more in love with their food than servicing their customers. If you don't mind waiting an hour+ for a sandwich that doesn't come the way you want it, they refuse for to change anything, than this is the place. Avoid this headache.

Anonymous said...

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! The service was so BAD I would have walked out if I wasn't talked out of it by a family member. This place will go out of business unless some serious changes aren't made in the service department. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST ANYONE GO THERE IS YOU SEE THE PLACE FULL, OR FOLKS STANDING IN LINE. TYPICAL JERSEY ATTITUDE BELONGS IN JERSEY NOT IN INDIANA !!! THE PLACE SUCKS TO BE HONEST. DON'T GO THERE. TAKE IT FROM A SOLDIER THAT HAS EATEN AROUND THE WORLD!!!

Anonymous said...

Food is awesome but I was there when I heard someone complain about the long wait. First, it was not as long as they said it was and the customer was very rude while the server was trying to be nice. The customer deserved any rudeness for the way they behaved but I thought Jersey's handled the problem as best as they could. We live in an Applebee's is best attitude and expect food to be fast (which I can't stand their food!) People no longer don't understand why food takes awhile when it is not out of a can. So if you are wanting Shapiro’s (which is really expensive for what you get) then go there because I don't want to hear you while I eat my amazing food!

Post a Comment