Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bacon Bakers

The idea from these came from my bud, Chez John's, Front Porch and from a post Patio Daddio did on MOABs (Mother of All Bakers).

Next time you do up a baker, just wrap it in bacon first.

I tried it two different ways. The first, one the left, I just wrapped in bacon and the second I did in a bacon weave. Chez John skinned his taters first. I didn't. Why? Well, because I wanted to be different, that's why!

Also, because of all the bacon grease, I'd recommend baking your taters on a rack so that your potatoes don't soak it all up. Well, unless you want that.

Out of the oven, the weave looked awesome! I used a nice, thick cut apple wood smoked bacon.

Slice down the middle and squeeze in the ends to open them up, then add your favorite toppings.

Which is better? Well, actually the baker just wrapped in bacon versus the weave. The bacon understandably cooked better since it's not so overlapped. That's not to say the weave wasn't good, trust me.

It's like having your bacon bits on the outside of your potato instead of inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment