Sunday, April 4, 2010

Grilled Okra Popsicles

I'm a big fan of okra.


This is the first time I put okra on skewers and grilled it, and I have to say it was one of the best tastes ever. I got the idea for these from an episode of the BBQ University, but I cannot find an actual reference to the recipe online. Whenever I post a recipe, whether I'm using one verbatim or my own adaptation of it, I will post the link if I can find it.


Makes: 3-4 servings
Cook time: 10 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound fresh okra
  • 2 T butter, melted
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Skewers

1. Skewer the okra. Baste with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2. Grill over medium high heat until starting to blacken or bubble, about 5-7 minutes.

3. Eat right from the skewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment