Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mini Calzones

This is my take on a really simple recipe from Kraft.


Normally, I'd make my own dough, or use some homemade pizza sauce, but it was one of those evenings where I just needed something quick, but still good. You could put anything you want inside of these. I think next time I may just use broccoli and cheddar.

Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
  • 1/4 cup pepperoni, diced
  • 1/2 lb Italian sausage
  • 1/4 cup Italian cheese mix, shredded
  • 4 tablespoons marinara sauce

1. Crumble sausage into a medium skillet and cook until done. Drain.

2. Unroll dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x18" rectangle. Cut into 4 equally-sized rectangles.

3. In a bowl, combine the pepperoni, sausage, cheese and marinara sauce. Spoon onto one half of each dough rectangle. Fold other half over and seal by pressing with a fork.

4. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment