Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ribs and Rings

Oh boy, good eats tonight!

I fired up the WSM around 9:30 this morning. I had two racks of ribs that I bought last week for $1.98/pound. I bought one larger rack for us, and a smaller one for the neighbor's son, who's been taking care of his folks' house while they've been on vacation.


I trimmed up both racks. I need more practice at trimming them, but I'm getting there. There's an excellent video tutorial on how to trim pork spareribs into St Louis Style ribs at the Virtual Weber Bullet website.

Rubbed both racks down with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Rub and let them sit in the fridge overnight.


About a half hour before they were done, I put Texas Rib Ranger's Hot BBQ sauce on the ribs for the neighbor, and Rufus Teague's A Touch O' Heat on ours. I also deep fried some onion rings, using this recipe from Ina Garten on Barefoot Contessa.

Everything came out delicious! We ate way, way too much! We ate outside on the deck, making it an even better dinner!


I also threw a boneless, skinless turkey breast on the smoker. I rubbed it down with some Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk rub the night before. After I pulled it off the smoker I did a fine chop on it and Anita made it into smoked turkey salad (by adding S&P, mayo, onion, and celery) for our lunches next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment