Monday, June 8, 2009

Squealer's BBQ in Indianapolis

Oh, how I love Squealer's BBQ. I do believe they are the best in the area. That's despite the fact that the doors were still locked at 15 minutes after opening time. I ended up having to call them to come unlock them. Our waitress made up for the supervisor not opening up by providing us great service.

Anita and I were on the northwest side of town Saturday so we decided to drop in for lunch. Anita has not ever been there. I used to work nearby and I ate there quite often.

Anita had the pulled pork sandwich with slaw and potato salad. She said the pork was perfectly flavored and tender and moist. She also enjoyed the sides. She had her sandwich dry with a mixed sauce (half hot and half sweet).

I ordered the beef brisket dinner, which came with two sides and two deep fried biscuits. I have to confess, I've never had their brisket until now and boy, I sure regret not having tried it sooner. It was definitely the best brisket I've ever had. Perfectly moist and tender and just the right amount of rub. They gave me an absolutely huge serving of brisket, which I had dry with hot BBQ sauce on the side.


The sides were great, and you can never go wrong with deep-fried biscuits. I posted a recipe for them here not too long ago.

Any time we're on the NW side of town, we'll swing by. They also have a restaurant south of Indy in Mooresville, but we've never been to that one.

Highly recommended if you are in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment