Monday, October 17, 2011

Carrot Apple Slaw

I grilled up some pork tenderloins the other night, glazing them with the last of my Pepper Palace Sweet Bourbon Glaze. I figured I'd want something to cut through the sweetness of the glaze, so I made this wonderful carrot apple slaw.


Really tasty slaw. The apple makes it a little different than your usual slaw. Good on its own too. I found the original recipe here.

Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into matchsticks

1. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.

2. Add in the remaining ingredients and toss. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment