Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tropical Pepper Company Mango Coconut Grilling Sauce

I didn't have a lot of time to make dinner the other night, so I dug through the pantry and found a bottle of Mango Coconut Grilling Sauce from the Tropical Pepper Company.


I seasoned two split chicken breasts with salt and pepper and tossed them over some hot coals for a while, just long enough to get some grill marks and a good seer on them. I then moved them off to indirect heat and brushed them with some mango coconut sauce. I brushed them every 15 minutes until the chicken was done. I removed them, let them rest for 10 minutes, then served them up on a bed of arugula.


The sauce is somewhat sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. It has just a little kick, which goes well with the coconut and mango flavors. I'm looking forward to using it again on fish or shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment