Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hippie Chips - Memphis Blues Barbecue

I've been on a quest, of sorts, to find good chips that I'd never tried or even heard of. I started with Route 11, which is a hard act to follow. This time, I ordered a case of chips from the Rock-n-Roll Gourmet.


These aren't like any other chips. They look a bit like rice cakes. And they have a similar texture. But, they are made from potato flakes. They are light and airy, and quite frankly, pretty darned healthy when compared to regular chips. I didn't feel the least bit guilty eating them.

The first flavor I tried was the Memphis Blues Barbecue. It's seasoned lightly with a sweet barbecue flavor. Sometimes I think healthier chips pour on the seasoning to hide the fact that their chips taste bad. Not here. The chips is tasty and crunchy with just the right amount of seasoning.

I was skeptical at first. Like many people, I'm used to a big honkin' deep fried chip that'd make my doctor cry (all in moderation!). But these were a welcomed change and really pretty good. I'm glad I have more flavors to try too!


No comments:

Post a Comment