Saturday, May 26, 2012

Basic BBQ Rub

This is my basic BBQ rub recipe. I use this rub mostly on pork, but it's good on anything.


I use this as a base, and add other flavorings depending on my mood and what I'm cooking. For fish, I might add some lemon pepper. For ribs, I'll add more heat or smoked paprika, or turbinado sugar.

Makes: About a cup
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup paprika
  • 3 tablespoons black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried onion
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. I put the mixture into a spice blender (an old coffee grinder) and pulse it a few times. I store this in a mason jar for months (though it never lasts that long).

No comments:

Post a Comment