Sunday, September 25, 2011

Honey Mustard Coleslaw

Growing up, I hated coleslaw. I couldn't stand the stuff at all.


Now, I love it. Really love it. Specially if I'm having BBQ. It's also great on burgers and dogs.

This version from My Tasty Treasures adds dried cranberries and toasted almonds for a twist on the usual. I also added a bit of chopped broccoli.

Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 14oz bag packaged coleslaw
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
  • 3 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
  • 3-4 broccoli florets, chopped
  • Dressing (see below)

1. Toast almonds over medium high heat. Be careful not to burn them.

2. Combine all but dressing in a large bowl. Add in dressing in batches, stirring. You may not need all of the dressing, so do not add all of it at once.

For the dressing:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
  • 1 tablespoon honey mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment