I like mine with extra green onions.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Fresh (or dried) basil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Put tomatoes into a bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat. Transfer to grill over high heat (I used a vegetable pan so they wouldn't roll all over the place or fall through the grates) and grill until charred and softened. Remove from heat.
2. Rub bread with garlic then transfer to grill. Toast on both sides until lightly browned and crunchy.
3. In a small bowl, combine the onions, basil, and salt and pepper. Add in the tomatoes and mix well. Spoon mixture onto bread and spread. Cut into smaller pieces and serve.