Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chili for Hot Dogs or Burgers

This is my go-to sauce for dogs and burgers. It is great. Even fantastic. I tend to use a little too much of it sometimes, but I can't help myself.



I found this in The Real Chili Cookbook by Marjie Lambert. I found a copy at the Exit 76 Antique Mall for $3.50. Besides this recipe, I've made 5 or 6 of the chili recipes from the book and all have been fantastic. It's one of the best finds I've made!

I tend to not chop my onions as fine as the recipe calls for. I like them a little chunkier.

Makes: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 small white onion, chopped fine
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small can enchilada sauce (I use La Victoria)
  • 1/2 t ground cumin
  • 1/2 t marjoram

1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes.

2. Drain the fat. Add the remaining ingredients plus fill the enchilada sauce can halfway with water and add that also.

3. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment