This is another fantastic recipe from Louisiana Cookin', which is by far my favorite food-related magazine. Well, it's tied with Chile Pepper magazine. That means it's really good!
Makes: 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
- 2 1/2 lb small red new potatoes
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 T cayenne pepper
- 1 3 oz package dry crab boil (I used Zatarain's)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 t salt
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1. Place enough water in a pot to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil.
2. Add 1/4 cup of salt, cayenne pepper, the crab boil bag and the potatoes. Bring to a boil and continue boiling until the potatoes are done, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Let cool.
3. You can peel the potatoes or leave the skin on. Dice the potatoes into a large bowl.
4. In another bow, mix the mayonnaise, celery, green onions, mustard, salt and pepper and the chopped boiled eggs. Pour mixture in with the potatoes and mix.
5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.