Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bistro 310 Restaurant and Pub

Anita and I were in the Columbus, Indiana, area last Friday. I had come upon Bistro 310 in my searches for something new. They are also on Facebook, and I had been following them for a while to see what great food the chef, Chef Jeff Maiani, was creating. Needless to say, we were really looking forward to our lunch.


Bistro 310 is a welcoming place, and the staff was very friendly and attentive.

Anita ordered the Ultimate Grilled Cheese sandwich (brie, goat cheese, white cheddar, smoked bacon, Dijon on sourdough bread with tomato and watercress) and garlic fries. The sandwich was fantastic (I think it's fair to call it the Ultimate Grilled Cheese), and the fries were very addictive.

I had the Reuben, my test of just about everywhere we eat. I was very pleased with it. The corned beef was perfect. Instead of your 'usual' kraut, this sandwich was served with braised purple cabbage. It was heavenly. I am making my next Reuben the same way, along with white cheddar and gruyere. The Thousand Island dressing was mellow. I really liked it. It wasn't all relishy like you sometimes get. On the side I had a small salad with a delicious shallot vinaigrette.

We highly recommend Bistro 310 and are really looking forward to returning for lunch or for dinner (their dinner menu changes monthly).

No comments:

Post a Comment