Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baskin Robbins

What do Bobby Flay and I have in common? Our first jobs were at Baskin Robbins! Ok, so that's the end of the similarities.


I worked at the Baskin Robbins on the base at Ft Belvoir, Virginia, back when I was in high school. It was a really fun job. We also had a deli, which did fantastic business.

One of my favorite things about working at Baskin Robbins was making up milk shake combinations for lunch. You can go pretty wild with all of their flavors and toppings. Some were great successes... Others, not so much.

Another favorite thing was when people would order custom ice cream cakes and not ever pick them up. We got them at a discount (or maybe free....), so every once in a while I'd get to take one home!

Swing by your local Baskin Robbins and get a few scoops of their ice cream, specially my favorites, Jamoca and Jamoca Chocolate Fudge (both of which also make great milk shakes!) or Anita's favs, mint chocolate chip and pralines and cream. Actually, it's pretty hard to have a favorite at BRs since so many of their flavors are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment