We decided to make a different version. This one uses salsa verde instead of pesto as a base.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Jalapeño slices
1. Heat grill to medium.
2. Place cream cheese in center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with salsa verde and top with tomatoes and shredded cheese.
3. Place open-faced on grill for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
4. Top with jalapeños.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.