Saturday, March 31, 2012

Red Stripe Light Beer

Back in my college days, I rented an attic apartment from a great sorta hippyish guy and his girlfriend. Every year, they'd go to Jamaica for a few weeks. When they returned, my landlord would drink only Red Stripe beer for months on end and crank Bob Marley all day. Life was good.


Of course, being the broke college kid I was at the time, I made sure to make my presence known when there was Red Stripe beer around, and occasionally, one would find its way into my hand and soon afterwards, my belly. It was the best beer I'd had. Did I mention that I had the greatest landlord in the world?

Now, I can only drink lighter beers, which means my options are pretty limited. But, I found a six pack of Red Stripe light at Jungle Jim's and I just had to get it. Red Stripe was just as I remembered it. Actually, it was even better. I wish I'd bought more.

I think I'll pop open another bottle this afternoon, put on some Bob Marley, and reminisce about old times and friends.

(Turns out our local grocery store now carries Red Stripe light! Woohoo!)

1 comment:

April Westerhold said...

Love Red Stripe. I want one now.

Post a Comment