Saturday, April 14, 2012

Homemade Thousand Island Dressing

I made a really good version of Thousand Island dressing a while ago. This version is simpler, and just as good.


I slopped some of this dressing on some rye to go with my homemade pastrami. It was outstandingly good!

Makes: 2 1/2 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Milk (see note)

1. Place the egg in a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, remove shell, and chop fine. (I left mine a bit chunky)

2. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Gently fold in the egg.

3. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency. I added only 1 tablespoon, but for really thin dressing you might add as many as 4 tablespoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment