I found the leftovers to be great for lunch the next day. Add some diced jalapeño for a little kick.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups frozen tater tots, thawed
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook tater tots, onion, and peppers in large skillet over medium-high heat until the vegetables start to soften. Break the tater tots into smaller pieces while heating.
2. Add sausage and heat thoroughly. Lower heat to medium.
3. Break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk well. Add to skillet. Add salt and pepper as desired.
4. Stir, cooking, until eggs are done. Add cheese, stir, and serve.